5 Ideas That Can Make Your Trade Show Booth Design Viral on Social Media
1. Get the Basics Right First
– Logos are like fingerprints—no two are alike. Yours should be easy to spot in a busy trade show hall, and it should make an immediate impression (even from a distance). Plan to have it printed on all your collateral, from business cards to giveaway items.
– Make sure your staff is well-trained and enthusiastic about your company and products. They should be able to engage with prospects, answer questions, and qualify leads. They should also be really excited to be there.
– Your booth should tell a story about your business. Prospects should be able to get a clear understanding of what you do, who you do it for, and what makes you different from the competition.
– Use high-quality visuals to grab attention and convey your message quickly. This could be anything from an impactful video to a large banner display.
– Make it easy for visitors to sign up for your email list or take your information with them. Place a fishbowl or iPad near the entrance to your booth, and make sure you have plenty of business cards on hand.
2. QR Code Scavenger Hunts with Big Prizes
In the age of social media, everybody appreciates a good scavenger hunt. Take advantage of this by offering a QR code scavenger hunt at the trade show. Place a QR code somewhere in your booth or on the show floor. Then, ask visitors to visit your booth and scan the code to gain access to a mini-game or trivia quiz. Make sure to have some enticing prizes. This will help in getting people excited.
Once visitors answer the questions or complete the game, offer a reward or prize for their efforts. This could be a discount on your services, complimentary access to an online course, or some other giveaway. Not only will this help you generate more attention for your booth, but it will also stimulate conversations amongst your visitors. Plus, curious attendees who are drawn in by the promise of prizes will be more likely to learn more about your business and the products or services you offer.
3. Create a VR Game Around your Industry
Virtual Reality (VR) is a fast-growing technology with immense potential. At your next trade show, take your booth to the next level by creating an immersive VR experience around your industry. You can design a VR game or visual experience that allows attendees to engage with animated versions of your booth’s products and services. Not only will this help add an element of excitement to your booth and attract more visitors, but it will also help attendees remember your company better.
Creating a VR game around your industry is also a great way to demonstrate your industry expertise and the solutions you provide. Plus, the data you gain from this game could also provide valuable insights about your audience and how they interact with your products and services. With enough planning and forethought, a VR game can easily become one of the most impressive and viral elements within your trade show booth design. Plus, if done properly, your sales team could have a lot of great data to work on when conducting their follow-ups.
4. Think Out of the Box with Your Trade Show Booth Design
With constantly changing trends in trade show booth design, it’s important to find ways to make your booth stand out from the crowd. One way to do this is to think outside the box when it comes to incorporating unique elements into your booth that will draw attention and buzz.
Creative ideas can include anything from interactive gaming kiosks, a virtual reality lounge, larger-than-life displays, and even live music performances. Incorporating social media into your trade show booth design is also a great way to get your company noticed and attract more attendees. Creating photo ops for attendees to take pictures of themselves with your products or services is a great way to be viral. Don’t forget to encourage hashtags to help draw more attention to your booth or even set up live streaming.
Whatever you choose to do, the goal should be to attract visitors, keep them engaged, and ultimately spark conversations online – this is the key to making your trade show booth design viral.
5. Your Giveaways Should Trigger Strong Emotions
Giving away items like branded shirts, keychains, and pens are all great ways to have your brand and booth stay at the top of mind for trade show attendees. However, if you really want to make an impression and get people talking, you need to go the extra mile and provide giveaways that generate strong emotions.
For instance, offering tech gadgets such as wireless headphones, smartphones, and fitness trackers are great first steps. You can even provide luxury items like designer purses, clothes, and jewelry. Expensive items like these will draw more attention to your booth and increase your conversations online. Just make sure you clearly define the rules of your giveaway.
Memorable experiences, like dinner packages and spa treatments, are also an option. These types of giveaways often evoke a much stronger emotion and a much wider reach compared to physical items. Just make sure that the experience is tied back to your brand and extend an invitation to your attendees to talk about what they’ve experienced.
Trade show booths have the potential to become viral hits on social media if done correctly. While the booth design, lighting, and giveaways are all important, you also need to think about how they will be perceived on social media. By ensuring that every element of your booth is designed with that perception in mind, you’ll help ensure maximum engagement and reach.
Let Us Help You Make Your Trade Show Booth Design Stand Out
With more than 20 years in the business, our team is fearless when it comes to last-minute projects and tight deadlines. Our commitment to fulfilling even the most complex orders is part of what sets Bishop Image Group apart.
We’ve done it all, from marketing signage to full trade show displays designed to attract attention. Contact us today to request a free quote on your trade show booth signage. We’re here to help!