Running a successful business means creating a professional and well-designed space for your customers. If you’re hoping to upgrade your business’s look, consider adding acrylic signs for a polished finish. Valued for their versatility, durability, and sleek appearance, acrylic signs are a must-have for businesses who want to embrace a modern, clean-cut aesthetic.
From customized contour-cut signs to wall panels, acrylic signage offers a myriad of design options. We’ve gathered together a few ideas on how to create eye-catching signs for every occasion.
The Material of Acrylic Signs
Acrylic signs are made from a flexible, translucent polymer that mimics the appearance of glass. Unlike glass however, acrylic materials are much less susceptible to breaking, and are therefore preferred for their durability, particularly in outdoor settings. Additionally, acrylic signage is often quite lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and install in a variety of locations. For these reasons, acrylic is a superior choice to glass when selecting signage that requires frequent reinstallation or transportation.
Types of Acrylic Signs
Because acrylic is such a versatile material, it’s easy to cut, mold, and mount. There are several common styles for these signs, including:
- Contour Cut Signs – These signs are completely unique and perfect for highlighting a logo or image. Contour cut signs are trimmed along the edges of a design, logo, or lettering to remove the borders so only the central image remains. Perfect for showcasing bold graphics, yet easily adaptable to mesh with décor, contour cut signs offer a breadth of versatility.
- Panel Signs – Simple and classic, wall mounted panel signs are the essence of sophistication. Whether you want discreet signage pointing guests to facilities, or prefer a bold logo to grab customer attention, panels are easy to install and fit in a variety of spaces. Looking for some outdoor lettering? Acrylic panel signs are ideal for professional, weatherproof signage that will look great all year long.
Customizing Your Acrylic Sign
Once you’ve selected a unique style, it’s time to customize your sign. Owing to its versatile qualities, acrylic can be printed with a variety of images, logos, and letters in vibrant colors.
- Lettering – Bold, clearly legible lettering is a must-have for businesses looking to catch customer attention. Letters that contrast with the background color and are easy to read at a distance are the best choice for outdoor signs, while refined lettering may be more appropriate for indoor wall signs.
- Logos – You shouldn’t have to compromise when it comes to representing your brand. Since acrylic signs are printed in a broad range of vibrant colors, you can accurately depict company logos with perfectly-matched color choices.
- Graphics – Adding images and design elements will make your signs pop. Customize your sign to incorporate photos, illustrations, and graphics.
- Dual Side Printing – Most acrylic signs can be printed on either the front or the back of the panel. For a standard matte finish, feature your design on the front of the panel. Since the ink is exposed, these signs may be more prone to scratches and other signs of wear. For a glossier look, your design can be printed on the back panel.
Common Uses for Acrylic Signs
Acrylic signage is an excellent option for businesses hoping to upgrade their advertising, and provide clear information in a diverse array of locations.
- Outdoor Signs – Give your building a facelift by installing a contemporary, state-of-the-art acrylic sign. From outer facades to driveway entrances, acrylic signs are built to last in a wide array of outdoor conditions.
- Indoor Advertising – Invest in your marketing strategies by upgrading indoor signs like menus, directional signs, and advertisements. Acrylic signs display this information in a clean, organized format that’s easy for customers to spot even in a crowded restaurant.
- Informational Signs – Minimal, text-oriented acrylic signs are the perfect addition to museums and galleries hoping to provide visitors more information on the exhibit. A simple wall plaque is a tasteful way to impart information without distracting from the focus of the exhibit.
Finding the Perfect Sign at Bishop Image Group
At Bishop Image Group, we’re dedicated to helping our customers fulfill all their signage needs from banners, to panels, to floor decals. At BIG, our mission is to make the impossible possible, by working with our clients to provide satisfactory products even under the tightest deadlines.
Finding the right advertising to promote your business is a key element of success. At BIG, we’ll work with you to create sophisticated and versatile acrylic signs that promote your brand in style. Contact us today for more information about our services.